Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Revised Math Centers

It's hard to believe that we've been in school almost an entire month!  Second grade is still going strong with our super hero theme. I have slowly been introducing and updating many of the anchor charts and stations around our classroom. Some include superheroes (I just couldn't help myself ), while others simply got a face lift.

As I approach each area, skill and/or topic, I have been giving serious thought as to how each reinforces common core standards and adds rigor.  After careful scrutiny, several fell under the category of busy work. Those were scrapped.  While some of the tried and true made it through.

Also, you'll notice that many of the maps and guide pages have been reduced to half size. This was done in an effort to cut back on paper & ink. With out further a do... here are a few of my updated math centers.





No comments:

Post a Comment